Catering Sales Manager
The Catering Sales Manager manages current client contacts, sources new prospects, manages any on site planning sessions and prepares and manages all event documentation for clients and the production team. The Special Events Catering Manager is based out of Irving, TX and reports to the President.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates and communicates with clients regarding event details.
- Conducts on-site planning sessions with the client as needed.
- Creates accurate and thorough event proposals based on specific event needs.
- Responsible for coordinating any vendors/rentals based on event specific needs and submitting invoices for payment.
- Prepares and provides accurate menu details and packing slips to the production team
- Maintains and updates event database and client files to meet company standards
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with offsite venues and adheres to specific catering requirements
- Generates reports as needed (month end, fiscal year end)
- Understands current trends in the meeting and special event industry and suggest new ideas
- Promotes a cooperative working environment
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization
- Has a strong ability to multi-task and manage time lines and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Bachelor degree in hospitality management, business, or related area.
- Five (5) years of experience in food service or full service restaurant environments.
- Must be able to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, sit, lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and work in multiple temperature environments
Or, mail your resume to
400 E Royal Lane
Irving TX 75039
No phone calls please.